It’s time for our annual Father’s Day Garden Party at Christmas Place! We’re adding some fun to your Christmas Place visit with activities for kids & adults on Saturday, and a treat for Dads on Sunday.Making a card for Dad requires plenty of resources & lots of concentration.
Here’s a schedule:
- Face Painting, 10 am to 5 pm (either in the breezeway, or in Personalizing if it’s too hot) (Saturday only)
- Cookie Decorating, Mrs. Claus’ Candy Kitchen, 10:30 am to 3:30 pm (Saturday only)
- Hourly Instant Winner Prize Drawing, 11 am to 5 pm – At the top of each hour, we’ll start a brand new drawing – all the entry forms from the last hour disappear – and you must be present to win, because it is an instant winner thing. That’s why we named it the Hourly Instant Winner Prize. (Saturday & Sunday)
- Guess the Lights – yes, we re-lit the big tree by the staircase, so you can enter your guess on Saturday or Sunday. We’ll find out the winner of a $50 shopping spree next week – we have to look at every entry on this one to find out who guessed the right number!
- Make a Father’s Day Card – kids (and dads!) love this one – 10 am to 5 pm, Saturday only
- Flower beds – we’ll have an updated list of all the beautiful plants in our beds throughout the courtyard; pick up a list by the front doors, just inside Personalizing, and at Second Nature, Mrs. Claus’ Candy Kitchen, or The Boutique.
- Make a Wreath demonstration, in the Floral Department, 11:30 am and 3 pm (Saturday only). At the end of the demonstration, we’ll give away the item we make.
- Decorate a Mesh Box demonstration, in the Floral Department, 1 pm and 4 pm (Saturday only). At the end of the demonstration, we’ll give away the item we make.
- SUNDAY – Dads get a coupon for a free soft drink and cookie at Mrs. Claus’ Candy Kitchen – ’cause we love our sweet Dads!
Also, as a special treat this year, Rudolf will be visiting us on Saturday! The kids love to meet Rudolf and give him a big hug, so be sure to have your camera ready for all the cuteness going on. Santa’s newest elf, Peppermint, will be here on Sunday to entertain the kids, too.
Now, when you bring Dad for his treat on Sunday, why not also bring him for lunch at The Partridge & Pear Restaurant, where the special just for Dad will be a 12-oz Prime Rib, soup or salad, and mashed potatoes & green beans – all for only $10.99 – when one of you also buys another entree. And, Chef has decided to give Dad a free dessert on Sunday, too! (Maybe Dad will offer to share his cookie with you, since he’s getting a free dessert as well.)
Sure hope you get to join us for the fun this Saturday & Sunday!
~Janet @ The Christmas Place
P.S. I hear the pool at The Inn is the perfect spot to be on a hot summer afternoon…..