We sure are! It’s going to be super busy here at Christmas Place. I think we’ll have something for everyone this weekend.
- Department 56 Signing with Barbara Lund, lead building designer. Have you checked out the exclusive Partridge & Pear? The design was based on our very own restaurant! The signing is Saturday from 12:30 to 3:30 - the first 50 customers to purchase a Department 56 collectible will receive a free gift! We’ll also have two door prizes – a set of 5 mini Dickens village houses (ornaments) that have been introduced and retired this year, signed by Barbara; and a copy of “A Christmas Carol” signed by the great-great-grandson of the author, Gerald Charles Dickens. Total value – $250!
- Department 56 Secondary Market, Saturday & Sunday in our courtyard. 56 collectors will be selling retired pieces from their own private collections – it’s a good way to fill in the gaps with your village collection.
- TrollBeads Trunk Show – The Boutique at Christmas Place is holding its second fall trunk show – lots of bead, clasp, and bracelet specials. They offer a universal bead, too, that fits many popular bracelet styles. Shop today through Sunday!
- Radko Ornament signing with Mario Tare. Christopher Radko, the founder, has been gone from the company for several years, and Mario was his designer for several years even before Christopher left. Mario is a really charming and delightful designer – you’ll love this opportunity to meet him and get his signature on the newest Radko ornaments. Meet Mario from 11 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Byers’ Choice Carolers – Bob Byers, current president, will be here on Sunday & Monday for a signing of his company’s collection of delightful caroler figurines. He’s also bringing a very exclusive giveaway with him – a Polish Star Santa caroler that is not available in the market place, and is signed by Joyce Byers, the founder & Bob’s mother. Meet Bob on Sunday between 3 and 5 p.m., and on Monday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Meet Gerald Charles Dickens, the great-great-grandson of the literary master Charles Dickens! Gerald will be in the store on Sunday and Monday to sign copies of “A Christmas Carol.” He is also performing in 3 shows at The Inn at Christmas Place. Sunday and the Monday matinée shows are sold out, but we still have tickets available for an 8:00 p.m. Monday night performance – call MJ Pappas at 800-465-9644 to purchase show tickets. Better yet, purchase Dinner & Show tickets! Have dinner at The Partridge & Pear Restaurant then enjoy Gerald’s one-man enactment ofA Christmas Carol. It’s an evening you will not want to miss. This is Gerald’s second appearance at The Inn at Christmas Place – and we plan to welcome him again next year for the 200th anniversary of A Christmas Carol.
- Floral Demonstration – on Saturday afternoon, our amazing floral design team will host another demonstration session, on how to decorate a mesh box. I think they include a little tutorial on bow-tying with this demo. Get ready for Christmas decorating!
We’re also having two sales here at the store right now – Decorative Christmas Lights – buy one, get a second for half price; and Decorative Garland – buy two, get a third strand free! Also, while they last, every purchase over $100 receives a free gift.
If you’re anywhere in the area this weekend, be sure to come on in – you know, we’re also giving free steam engine train rides on our miniature train in the parking lot this weekend – I almost forgot!
Okay, after all that, I’m gonna need about a pound of fudge to regain my strength .. the Candy Kitchen is now making their famous Pumpkin flavor .. See y’all later!
~Janet @ The Christmas Place