As with any collectible, the artist’s signature on a piece measurably increases its value. We have already scheduled several signing events for the summer and fall. These events present a great opportunity for you to purchase the newest collectibles in a line and have them signed by the artist who was inspired to create the piece.
Often, there are presales of new items ~ so you can order ahead, have your piece signed during the event, and we’ll ship it directly to you after the event. If possible, wouldn’t it be more fun to come on down to the store and meet the artist in person? I haven’t experienced one yet myself, but I hear that it’s a kick to meet and talk with them in the store.
Friday, July 18, 2008 – Mark Roberts, creator of Fairies and Santas ~ there are new, exclusive pieces which may be preordered by calling the store and will be shipped to you after the event.
- Saturday, July 19, 2008 – Charming Tails signing ~ there will be a piece or two sold exclusively during the signing event.
- Saturday, October 4, 2008 – Kristi Pierro, Department 56 and Snowbabies ~ the spring releases have just been announced, and we’ll be preselling several pieces in both collections.
- Saturday, October 4, 2008 – NeQwa ~ one of the artists who creates these exquisite, hand-painted ornaments will be in the store.
- Saturday, October 18, 2008 – John Satterfield, San Francisco Music Box
Of course, mixed in with all these signings, we’ll also have the usual summer exclusive happenings here at The Christmas Place.
- June 14-15, 2008 ~ Garden Party, with face-painting for the kids, fun and games, and general merriment throughout the store and courtyard.
- June 15, 2008 ~ Father’s Day celebration.
- July 1, 2008 ~ Singing Santa is available for individual and family photos in the store.
- July 4, 2008 ~ Uncle Sam is in the house.
- August 30-31, 2008 ~ Annual Labor Day Sidewalk Sale (bargains all over the place).
We do keep things hopping around here, even before Santa and the elves are back from summer vacations! Come on by and stop in for a visit. What better way to cool off in the heat of summer than with a trip to the North Pole? (We have one here, uh-huh, I’ve seen the sign!)
~Janet @ The Christmas Place